Select to view content in your preferred language

Select Details are not de-selecting when “Back to List” button is clicked

03-21-2024 09:31 AM
Labels (1)
KatiePhillips_ODNR
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI Community, 

We have an Experience Builder (EB) that was created two years ago (2022) with pretty basic functionality. Basically, the EB has a list widget connected to the data on the map. When a user wants to view more details about the data point, they click the "Details" button and the map zooms to the data point selected and brings up more details about the data point on the side panel. When the user selects the "Back to List" button it SHOULD take them back to the original view, clearing the previous selection and allow the user to start the process over again. This functionality used to work. 

However, it seems with the recent update to EB, this functionality is no longer working. 

Step 1: the user selects "Details" button

KatiePhillips_ODNR_0-1711038327952.jpeg

Step 2: the Selection is zoomed in on the map

KatiePhillips_ODNR_4-1711038460125.png

Step 3: the details panel is filled with more details about the data item selected

Step 4: the user wants to go back to the original view with all the data items, so the select "Back to List"

KatiePhillips_ODNR_1-1711038327953.jpeg

However, the original selected data item is still selected both on the detailed item panel and on the map. Prior to the latest update, this did not happen. 

KatiePhillips_ODNR_2-1711038327954.jpeg

Click again on the tournament and it de-selects and the full list returns but the map isn't zoomed out...

KatiePhillips_ODNR_3-1711038327954.jpeg

Can anyone give me a workaround to resolve this issue? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround, but I have noticed that my dashboards sometimes don't have a empty display when opening them, even though this worked before the update.  I checked the "Render only when filtered" checkbox on all my actions and it is in place.  If I refresh the page once or twice, I can get it to clear up, but that isn't a solution.  So I will be following along to see if a bug has been identified. 

NBC
by
New Contributor III

Hi Katie, 

Its hard to tell without seeing the trigger/actions set-up you have on the List widget but it looks to me like you possibly have a 'Filter Data Records' type of 'Record Selection Changes' trigger on your list widget.  Maybe try removing that and replace with a 'Select Data Records' type trigger.

Next,  check that the Feature Info widget reads from a 'Selected features' source rather than 'Default'.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
KatiePhillips_ODNR
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Below are the triggers we have set up. As I mentioned in my earlier post, this worked before the latest EB update were released. After the user selected the "Back to List" button we created it would clear the previous selections and start the process over again. Perhaps I need to set up a new trigger for the "Back to List" button? 

KatiePhillips_ODNR_0-1711537650417.png

0 Kudos
SunniBoulton
New Contributor III

Hi @KatiePhillips_ODNR ,

Could you please explain how you set up this "Back to List" functionality?  I am very new to Experience Builder, and wish to create the exact same thing, but can't find instructions anywhere!  Many thanks, Sunni

0 Kudos