Query Widget Feature Result - Highlight Color

12-02-2022 12:49 PM
Labels (1)
KevinPiraino2
New Contributor III

I am looking to see if it is possible to change the "Highlight" color for the selected feature in the map. Currently it is a semi-transparent yellow color and we have a client that is looking to use a different or custom color. So far looking through any and all documentation as well as the widget itself within EB, I was unable to find any option to change this color. 

3 Replies
MackenzieCope
New Contributor III

Hi @KevinPiraino2 

You can change the "feature selection" highlight fill and outline colors at the bottom of the settings panel when you select the map widget. Is that the setting you're looking for?

See screenshot. 

0 Kudos
KevinPiraino2
New Contributor III

Mackenzie,

Unfortunately no, this is not configuration/setting option I am looking for. This setting is for features selected in the map using the "Select" tool that is available in the map. The configuration/setting I am looking for is to change the color of the selected feature from the "Query" widget. As it stands now, the default color/fill of the selected feature from the "Query" widget results pane is yellow and the developer does not have any control on color, fill, or transparency of the selected feature.

JulioGarrido
New Contributor III

Kevin,

I'm not sure if you found the answer or not, but I'm posting this in the hopes that it may help not only you, but those who are searching for the answer.

In ExB Query under Actions - Message Action, you will need to add a new trigger and select Records Created – Map – Show on Map.  Select Use custom symbols.  If you already have the Records Created trigger, make sure it is a Show on map trigger.

Click on Use custom symbols.  Here you will find the configuration where you can change the default colors of the search results.  You can configure the colors for point, line, and polygon search results.

I hope this helps.