Select to view content in your preferred language

Print widget with timeline issue

11-14-2023 11:07 PM
Berth68
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the print widget in combination with the timeline widget. I want to choose a specific time slot to be printed in the pdf.   The problem is that the timeline filtering as displayed on the screen is ignored in the pdf. All layers are in the pdf as if no timeline filtering is applied. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Berth68 ,

I am able to reproduce the issue and confirm that it is caused by a bug in the print widget. Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into the print widget bug and work to get it resolved.

Thanks,

Shengdi

Berth68
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shengdi,

Any idea when we can expect a solution for this bug? I got a customer who want to use this combination.

Regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, we plan to include a fix for this bug in our next release. However, please note that the timing is still uncertain.

Shengdi

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Berth68 ,

We partially fix this bug in the latest AGOL update.

If you connect a timeline widget to a web map, the print widget prints the correct data.

ShengdiZhang_0-1719472750597.png

However, if there is a timeline widget connected to a layer in that map, then the print widget will still print all the data.

Can you try and see if this fix has met your requirements?

If not, can you provide a sample app as this would require other teams to make the fix.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
Berth68
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shengdi,

My timeline is set to one webmap. Here is a example where the timeline filter is nog working with the print widget:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/04d7db62af0c45a0a9dc9005a683ceeb 

I hope this helps you and if you need anything just contact me.

Regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
Berth68
Occasional Contributor

printtest.jpg

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bert,

We can reproduce your bug using the sample app. This issue stems from the time extent info stored in a group layer.

We'll address this bug in the next release. In the meantime, you can work around it by ungrouping the layer in the map.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
Berth68
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shengdi,

Thank you. That worked for the sample webmap but unfortunately not for the actual webmap I am using. There are no groups in that webmap. I updated the experience with that data. Can you check this?

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/04d7db62af0c45a0a9dc9005a683ceeb 

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bert,

We have identified the root cause of the issue, and this bug will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos