Select to view content in your preferred language

Other polylines disappearing when one is searched

Jump to solution
05-14-2024 08:27 AM
HighwayGISAdmin
New Contributor II

I'm creating an Experience Builder site for road resurfacing and when I search one of the roads listed on the published site, it'll zoom to the road but make all of the other roads shown on the layer disappear. It only happens when a road is searched in the search bar, if I click on a road then none of the other roads disappear. The only trigger that I have under actions on the search bar is "Data Filtering Changes: Zoom To".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoleJohnson
New Contributor III

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, I would get rid of the "Data filtering changes" trigger if you don't intend for the map to "do" anything upon filtering (and if you don't want it to filter, make sure you've disabled "enable filtering for layer source search"; it's on the Content pane of the search widget and turned on by default, assuming you're using Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online). If you just want to select an item from the search widget and have your map zoom to it, choose the "Record selection changes" trigger instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicoleJohnson
New Contributor III

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, I would get rid of the "Data filtering changes" trigger if you don't intend for the map to "do" anything upon filtering (and if you don't want it to filter, make sure you've disabled "enable filtering for layer source search"; it's on the Content pane of the search widget and turned on by default, assuming you're using Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online). If you just want to select an item from the search widget and have your map zoom to it, choose the "Record selection changes" trigger instead.

0 Kudos
HighwayGISAdmin
New Contributor II

Perfect, thank you! I disabled enable filtering and changed my trigger, worked perfectly!

0 Kudos