Select to view content in your preferred language

Move Measure tool in map widget

10-31-2023 08:06 AM
rbarshick
New Contributor

Is there anyway to move the tools in the map widget in experience builder. I am creating a 3D map and would like to have the measurement tool enabled and bunched up with the other tools, but it is put in the top right corner of the map and i cannot move the tool. There is no measurement tool widget so i cannot create a custom button or widget controller for it. I have seen there is a custom measurement tool widget, but i am using a 3d map and that only works for 2d maps. 

rbarshick_0-1698764568553.png

Look how far away it is from the other tools. It's lonely 😞 

Thanks!

4 Replies
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately you can't put it anywhere you like.  You can choose your basic layout on the map widget (see image) but those are pretty much your only choices.  I don't know which version of EB you're using, but some (not the developers ed) may have a measure widget that you can put where you want, but you can't move the map tools around willy-nilly.

AngelaSchirck_0-1698765021528.png

0 Kudos
rbarshick
New Contributor

Yeah i don't have any measurement widgets show up. That would solve all my problems. 

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

I feel you, I have the same problem with lack of appropriate customizable widgets. ESRI needs to step up their game.

TimConfare2
Occasional Contributor

I agree.  This is very frustrating.  There is no Measure widget and I have all my other widgets in the upper right.  If I turn on the measure tool in the Map widget it puts it right on top of my widget controller.

0 Kudos