Select to view content in your preferred language

List Widget Search Does Not Give Suggestions in Developer Edition 1.12

07-07-2023 01:40 PM
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I have just upgraded from 1.11 to 1.12 version of developer edition and the search function of the List Widget is not giving suggestions in the 1.12 version.

Version 1.11 (Search bar from list widget on right side. Left side is a custom list widget.)

Screenshot 2023-07-07 151847.png

Version 1.12

Screenshot 2023-07-07 152352.png

The area where suggestions should appear greys, but no actual suggestions.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
9 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JeffreyThompson2 ,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the problem with my data. 

We are actually releasing a new 1.12 downloadable on next Monday (7/10). Would you be able to test it again with the new package then and see if the problem still exist for you? 

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I have installed the new patched version and I still have the same problem.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your feedback @JeffreyThompson2 . We will investigate. 

0 Kudos
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, how i know the new downloadable is ready. In the site say july 6. Something in the version.json file?

I have a problem that i notify in another question ,i download today and the problem still appears.

Tomorrow i will try the download again.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PatOBrien
New Contributor III

@JeffreyThompson2  does your Map Widget contain an Extent changes trigger? If so, it would be interesting to see if you deleted this trigger and see if that fixes your problem.

I have found that if you have an Extent change trigger applied to the Map Widget that it can corrupt data sources feeding other widgets including the Search & Filter widget. 

I raised a case with ESRI which landed in a Bug BUG-000159496. It is rather painful as it means we cannot use the Map Widget extent changes triggers in tandem with Search and Filter widgets.

We are operating within ArcGIS Portal 11.0 and the data source I am using is a Feature Service coming from SDE. 

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I do not have an extent change trigger.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

HI, i have a problem with 1.12 .

Doing more search notice that with hosted feature my problem is not present.

I have my data in microsoft slq and use Enterprise Portal 10.9

your data where is store?

If not a hosted can you test using a hosted feature.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JeffreyThompson2 ,

After conducting an investigation, it has been determined that this issue is not related to regression. The issue stems from a filter applied to a geometry field in the original data source.

DISTINCT is not supported with geometry. However, when querying for suggestions, distinct values are being used.

To address this issue, we have planned an enhancement: when querying for suggestions, the returnGeometry parameter will be set to false.

Please refer to the rest API documentation at: https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/query-feature-service-layer-.htm 

ShengdiZhang_0-1689230318443.png

As a temporary solution for this release, a workaround would be to remove the filter from the original data source.

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I would like to reiterate that  suggestions were working just fine in 1.11. 

The filters from the filter widgets are all turned off. There is a filter on the data source in the webmap, but it cannot be removed as it is hiding information that should not be shown to the public. (We have parks which are not yet open to the public, so we don't want them shown to potential visitors yet.)

The primary purpose of upgrading was to try out the Near Me widget, but in testing, I found the interface to be too clunky for civilian use. The ideal version of Near Me for this application would just be a search bar in which the user could enter their address and it would filter or sort the list by proximity.

For now, we will keep using the 1.11 version.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos