Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to link a map in a survey123 form to a EB app when the survey is embedded

02-14-2024 05:21 AM
Labels (1)
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

I have built a survey123 form where part of the first actions involving drawing round the area surveyed. I was wondering whether it is possible to link the map in the survey123 form to the EB app its embedded in, or whether you can draw the survey area on the EB app instead of within the embedded survey but it still pull these attirbutes and data over?

EdHixson_0-1707916842279.png

All the best

-Edward Hixson

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

It isn't easily possible to draw the polygon elsewhere to use in Survey123. I say "easily" because you could set up drawing the polygon elsewhere and then the survey modifies that existing feature, but unless that's your workflow (one person makes the area and another submits attributes for it), it adds room for user mistakes (grabbing the wrong polygon etc.) and you need to open all existing features to be editable. Most of my surveys are just set to submitting new records.

I agree that the survey map widget isn't great for users. My users struggle with it. Some things that have made it easier: you can expand the size with the broken square icon, you can get the starting location from an address they type in, from Connect you can set the initial zoom level and basemap (I leave it close up with an aerial so they can just glance at it to double check and move on), you can add reference layers (like park polygons).

EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, it feels like it would be a great opportunity to match both the maps in survey123 and the EB in embedded in. No worries we should be able to build in a slightly less efficient work around. Thank you for the info, super useful!

0 Kudos