Select to view content in your preferred language

Import Experience Error - Experience Builder Developer

01-16-2024 06:37 AM
MikeEdwards
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting the following error when trying to import an experience:

"This is an experience. Please switch to the Experiences tab and try again."

I'm on the Experiences tab, so I'm not sure what is going on. Has anyone else run into this? Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MikeEdwards ,

Thanks for your feedback! Could you provide more details?
1. What version of EXB dev edition did you use? 
2. Where did you import the experience from? Online, Enterprise or upload from local? 
3. Did it happen to all experiences you tried or only specific one?

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos
AmonHondele
New Contributor

Hi @WeiYing1 ,

I am getting the same error. 
I work with ExB 1.14 and i try to upload from local. 
I get the error when I download an experience, change something in the config.jsons and try to reupload. 
It does't matter what I change. Even if i just change the lable of a page from "Start" to "Start 1" for example.  

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Did you happen to import the experience from the Template tab instead of Experience tab? 

0 Kudos
boro
by
New Contributor III

I have the same issue and I can assure you it happens from the experiences tab. I'm also on 1.14 Dev, trying to import locally, and it happens to all experiences. I did change the config.json files too, because ESRI didn't think to make experiences portable between different envs of the same org. It's amazing to me that this got through the design phase, but I will withhold my further disappointment in the hope you may know a fix.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all,

Sorry about the inconvenience. We do value our users and want to solve the problem. 
Unfortunately I tried multiple times based on your description but cannot reproduce the case. 
Would you share more details and repro apps? That would be appreciated. 

Btw, I think you all connect the dev edition to your org portal not ArcGIS Online right? 
Any issue if you importing apps when connecting to ArcGIS Online? 

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Also, may I ask what is the config.attributes.type in your downloaded app? Thanks!

0 Kudos