Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder screen size issues

08-11-2020 07:39 AM
JosePablo_Rivas
New Contributor

Hi,

I have created a series of pages using experience builder. All the pages are set up in 1920x1080 , and they look fine when using the live view. However, when I hit preview all the elements inserted appear out of place.

The only way to make it look like the way it was created is by using the browser full-screen option. The monitor resolution is exactly the same as the experience builder (1920x1080).

Can somebody explain why this happens?

Regards

Jose Pablo  

Tags (1)
12 Replies
UofSC_KevinHaynes
New Contributor II

I'm having this issue too. 

0 Kudos
AaronPDXPaul
New Contributor III

4 years later and I am having this issue 04/25/2024.

It's maddening. Has anyone discovered a work around, and is there any plan to fix it?

0 Kudos
JoshBerna
New Contributor III

For anybody looking this is just an inherent issue with ExpB. It's designed for configuration across small, medium, and large devices, but not the variation in resolutions amongst those devices. If you build it in 1920 x 1080, it'll look terrible on something smaller. You can use percents, but it will not fix it like you hope. Similarly, percent values have no effect on text size, so if the box is too small to fit your text on a smaller screen, the text is simply cutoff rather than scaled. Huge oversight imo.

You can see in my screenshots I have positions and sizes in percent values that should adjust to match their position on different screen sizes.

The explanation is here, as dnord said: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-the-arcgis-experience-builder-widget-size-and-... but the "fix" isn't really helpful. As folks have said, even using percent values results in positively mangled UIs.

If I'm wrong, somebody please, please correct me so I can fix my experiences.

0 Kudos