Experience Builder Mobile does not work in landscape mode

06-24-2021 03:26 PM
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

After having put much time and effort into an experience builder project in Dev edition, I have come to find that there are no accommodations in the mobile configuration for landscape mode. Am I missing something, or is landscape mode not supported? If not, why not? Or is there a work-around? 

I saw a post related to this from last summer, so I'm not optimistic, but thought I would check.

Thanks,

James Faron

7 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

@JamesFaron Can you link to the other post? What exactly is not working?

JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

Landscape mode on mobile phones, even as large as Samsung Note 9, falls apart visually. It makes sense considering the UI in Experience Builder only covers portrait screen sizes for mobile devices. I can live with iPad results I guess, but the mobile phone "experience" is not good in this instance. It is hard to configure what happens between portrait and landscape on mobile, but Experience Builder is presented as having a "mobile first" or at least "mobile ready" design, thus my initial disappointment. I guess I can dig into the configuration and the css to try to create a compromise. I am finding  however that it is probably easier to develop a solution using the the 4.x JavaScript with the Calcite UI in some if not most instances.

Thanks,

James Faron

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@JamesFaron Are you talking about the issue where on an iPad in Landscape the keyboard forces the app to change layout (based on available screen size) and you can not longer type into the input you were entering data into? 

JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I haven't run into that one yet, but I will test today. The only user input I have in this particular app is for address in the search bar. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,

James Faron

0 Kudos
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I only have an iPad Pro to work with at the moment, and the issue that you mentioned does not occur. In fact that screen size does not use the mobile interface, thus is identical to large screen or laptop UI. 

Did you find a work-around for the issue you describe on the smaller iPad, in case I run into it?

Thanks,

James Faron

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@JamesFaron , No I have not which is a pretty big issue for me.

CESPEDESLUISITD
New Contributor III

Same boat here. I created mobile experience builder to avoid a dashboard from looking squished on mobile devices. I created a mobile version of the dashboard, embedded in the experience builder and it looks great on portrait, turn the phone around to landscape and its back to being squished. I feel like wile e coyote.