Experience Builder List Widget Selected State link to new window with URL isn't working properly

12-30-2022 08:31 AM
ShelleySchulte1
New Contributor III

I am creating a list gallery in AGO using Experience Builder.  I want to click on a list item and have a new window popup that is linked to the URL in an attribute field. Right now it will select the list item but not open a new window until I click a different list item. 

The application is shared publicly so please test this out.  When the item is selected on the District 1 tab is is outlined in yellow. Is there a way to fix this?  Is this a bug?  Thanks!

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/b06d13f48f174fa3ace0dcad7b7a56cc/

Shelley

3 Replies
Mark_Prettyman
New Contributor III

Hi Shelley!  Did this "bug" resolve itself or did you do something to fix it?  When I click an item in your gallery, it opens the image in a separate tab on the first click.

My co-worker is building an application in Experience Builder, using a list of ponds with links.  She is seeing something similar to what you describe above.  When she clicks one of the ponds in the list, nothing happens, but on subsequent pond selections, the hyperlink for the PRIOR pond opens.

0 Kudos
ShelleySchulte1
New Contributor III

Hello Mark, yes!  I figured out that you don't need the state to be in the "selected" mode.  You can just be in regular mode to click on a photo and the URL opens in a new window.  Does that make sense?

Shelley

Mark_Prettyman
New Contributor III

Yes, that makes sense.  Thanks, Shelley!  We also went the route of using the List template with the "BUTTON" for the hyperlink, instead of setting the hyperlink on the list items via "States".

0 Kudos