Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Interface text and background color or lack of it

07-18-2023 08:13 AM
Labels (1)
AmyBrassieur
Regular Contributor

Can the Experience Builder interface be changed to white background and black/gray text? I have not found a way to do this. 

There is so much talk of accessibility, but the black background and white/gray text is less accessible to people like me with visual issues. I know I have to update all my WAB apps but I'm so unmotivated to learn Experience Builder just looking at the interface.

It is hard to see unselected menu items in gray text, they just blend in to the black background. I know all the cool kids are digging this kind of interface, but there needs to be a way to change it, like there is in Pro.

Please let me know if I've overlooked the obvious way to change this.

Thanks!

3 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AmyBrassieur

Thank you for you feedback! We are sorry that the dark theme interface of ExB is not friendly for you.
But unfortunately this is only interface we provided currently. There is not setting to change the colors of ExB interface. 

I have logged an issue for this requirement, we will consider to improve the interface themes for more accessibility friendly. 

Thanks,

Wei 

WoodMichael
Emerging Contributor

Hi All,

User Interface Enhancement Request (For Accessibility Reasons)

I work for a local government organization where we have users utilizing AGOL and enterprise portal.

Numerous users of the GIS report having difficulty interacting with an application interface that has a dark background/theme.

For accessibility reasons, ExB should be updated to change from a dark interface theme to a light interface theme.

Thank you for considering updating the ExB user interface in the future (Preferably Sooner than Later).

MW

WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your feedback! We are working on it now! 

0 Kudos