Experience Builder embedded dashboard no longer loading

10-19-2020 01:37 PM
JosephCarl2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I had a tabular theme going in experience builder where I am embedding multiple dashboards, however, as of this morning it is no longer working as expected.  This worked great last week - I saw there was a recent update that changed some things, but why would this be impacted?  It is coming from our ArcGIS Online, same place experience builder is located.  I tested the embed functionality in Story Maps & Hub - they were fine still.

Also of note - same thing seems to be happening to this Covid Experience linked on your site - I am not the only user impacted:

Experience 

18 Replies
GraemeHill
New Contributor III

Hi Jianxia,

It's not a public site, I have added you to the group as well. I'll contact the local support, ESRI Australia, to get it reproducible as well.

Cheers, G

0 Kudos
GraemeHill
New Contributor III

Hi Jianxia and Tonghui,

We have diagonisoned it as a cache login issue, clearing the users browser cache fixes the problem.

Cheers Graeme

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for letting us know Graeme.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Graeme - that's good to know!

Cheers,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Graeme and Jianxia, 

We are having an issue with this as well with our embedded AGOL content in an Experience Builder. Previous to the update this week, we didn't have any issues at all and didn't need to clear the cache on our browsers. 

I realise clearing a cache is an easy temporary fix, but will there be a long term solution for this? For people who aren't very tech savvy, they assume the app isn't working and will stop using it. The end users who access our experience builder aren't always tech savvy, so we are receiving a lot of negative feedback from our app which was working just fine before the update! 

Something that would help is if we could change the settings for our published Experience Builder to "always require login" when the app is opened, or to set the expiration of the token (i.e. "your session has timed out" after 1 hour). Then the authentication token would get carried through to the embedded AGOL content.

GraemeHill
New Contributor III

I agree Karen, hopefully the experience developers can solve this permanently so it doesn't repeat with each release. We had to come up with instructions for our staff to assist in clearing their cache, with so many browsers and devices in use it's a bit of a nightmare solution, safari is particularly difficult, about 5 levels deep in the app settings. I hope they dont rely on users having to clear the cache as being the permanent solution.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for your concerns on clearing the cache. Junshan Liu‌ any explanation or a solution in the future to address Karen and Graeme's concerns?

0 Kudos
FieldUser1One
New Contributor III

Hi All,

My dashboards were all working fine yesterday, and still work on their own.  However this afternoon on my experience, my embedded dashboards and maps don't connect.  The dashboards work fine out-side the experience, but not as imbeds.  

FieldUser1One_0-1639006652504.png

0 Kudos
FieldUser1One
New Contributor III

Okay, this morning they are fine.  Can anyone let me know what is causing this glitch, so I can tell my team why our reporting dashboards are down?  When this happens we have to go back to paper feature report print-outs, which cost credits.

0 Kudos