Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Drive Time Workflow

Jump to solution
08-26-2024 11:34 AM
Labels (1)
CarissaFoley
Emerging Contributor

Hello! I have a workflow that I am trying to figure out how to achieve in Experience Builder and am coming up short. For reference, we only use ArcGIS Online, we do not have server or portal.

I want staff to be able to search for a feature (or click on a feature on a map), generate 30 and 60 minute drive times, and then select features within those drive times to view statistics. Is this possible?

I have tried messing around with the Analysis widget to generate the drive times, but I don't know how to dynamically send those outputs to a different widget for statistics purposes.

Hoping someone might be able to help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@CarissaFoley Thanks for your feedback! 
For your question "how to dynamically send those outputs to a different widget for statistics purposes", I think so far it is not achievable. You can now manually add analysis result to map or table now, there is a data action in Analysis result which is to do simple statistics on the single result. But that may not apply to yuur scenario. Looks like you will have multiple different run with different results and you want to compare them right? We will take a look to see if we can support that in future. 

What you can do is maybe write a custom gp tool, to grab all results in a single feature service, and then use that feature service in ExB widgets like chart/ table, to compare specific fields and values. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@CarissaFoley Thanks for your feedback! 
For your question "how to dynamically send those outputs to a different widget for statistics purposes", I think so far it is not achievable. You can now manually add analysis result to map or table now, there is a data action in Analysis result which is to do simple statistics on the single result. But that may not apply to yuur scenario. Looks like you will have multiple different run with different results and you want to compare them right? We will take a look to see if we can support that in future. 

What you can do is maybe write a custom gp tool, to grab all results in a single feature service, and then use that feature service in ExB widgets like chart/ table, to compare specific fields and values. 

0 Kudos
CarissaFoley
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for the response! Is it possible to create a custom geoprocessing tool to run drive-times if we only utilize ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online? We do not have server or Enterprise. Having that supported would be great since we commonly will buffer a site by multiple drive times, and then select features within those times, and sum feature statistics within those selected features.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

hi @CarissaFoley , geoprocessing to is currently only supported to be published and hosted on ArcGIS Enterprise. But a workaround you may try is to use ArcGIS Notebook, and publish your scripting as notebook web tool, which can be used in Experience builder Analysis widget. 
Please check out https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/announcements/notebooks-as-web-tools-in-arcg...

0 Kudos