Experience Builder App with Web Scene Crashes Repeatedly on Mobile

09-15-2023 05:55 AM
Labels (1)
GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

I've created an Experience Builder application that incorporates a web scene and some 3D tools. I've used the mobile configuration screens to create the best viewing experience I can and I've somehow fit everything in on my help windows. The address search, my location and measurement tool crash the application repeatedly in both Safari and Chrome browsers on an iPhone 12 running iOS 16.6.1. At least one other user in my organization has similar problems and I'm trying to get others to test on different devices. 

Any help is appreciated. The app looks very nice on mobile and the layers usually load quickly, even the LiDAR.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GBacon -

I tried your app on iPhone 14 max pro with iOS 16.2, everything works fine - not be able to reproduce the issue; and then I found one iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6.1 (exactly as yours) - easily reproduced.

We have come across this once time a long time ago, and the problem always occurs in iPhone, especially with older hardware version. However, it may relate to the browser storage limit of WebGL added by iPhone to ensure their process performance.

Have you tried the same app on Android phones, or higher models of iPhone? That might help relieve the issue.

GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for checking that. I haven't tried on a more recent iPhone yet, but did see that Android handled it well.