Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder App issue - Data Action to select records in a table

Jump to solution
02-22-2024 04:44 PM
Labels (1)
gis_KIWI4
Frequent Contributor

Hi Team,

I have run into an issue that I need help with.
I have the utility network trace widget.

Idea is that UN widget selects records in feature layer -> which then selects the records in a standalone table.

I have set up the data action in Map

gis_KIWI4_1-1708648877085.png

And this works when I select a record manually.

gis_KIWI4_7-1708648952804.png

This DOES NOT work when I run the trace UN Trace widget

gis_KIWI4_3-1708648877137.png

It selects the records in the feature layer but nothing in the standalone table.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you @gis_KIWI4 , I looked into the BUG report.

Message actions are not supported for the Utility Network Trace widget as of Enterprise 11.1 or 11.2. You will notice there aren't any Actions that can be configured from this widget.

AlixVezina_0-1712150288402.png

Message actions are a widget-to-widget configuration and must be configured in the Utility Network Trace widget to observe the expected behavior you have described. In other words, since the "records selection change" trigger is being performed by the Utility Network Trace widget when you run a trace, the Utility Network Trace widget is where the whole action needs to be configured.

Message actions will be available for the Utility Network Trace widget as of 11.3 (and are available right now in the ArcGIS Online version of Experience Builder). See this blog for hybrid setup: Configure an Application to Trace a Utility Network (esri.com) (see step 3)

AlixVezina_1-1712150397739.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

HI @gis_KIWI4 , please could you describe how your message actions were configured? Between which widgets and which actions?

0 Kudos
gis_KIWI4
Frequent Contributor

Hi Alix, 

Apologies for the delayed response. 
I worked with ESRI NZ distributors (Eagle), they have logged a bug for this. 
BUG-000166323 - When running Utility Tracing - actions are not triggered to the Table widget. 

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you @gis_KIWI4 , I looked into the BUG report.

Message actions are not supported for the Utility Network Trace widget as of Enterprise 11.1 or 11.2. You will notice there aren't any Actions that can be configured from this widget.

AlixVezina_0-1712150288402.png

Message actions are a widget-to-widget configuration and must be configured in the Utility Network Trace widget to observe the expected behavior you have described. In other words, since the "records selection change" trigger is being performed by the Utility Network Trace widget when you run a trace, the Utility Network Trace widget is where the whole action needs to be configured.

Message actions will be available for the Utility Network Trace widget as of 11.3 (and are available right now in the ArcGIS Online version of Experience Builder). See this blog for hybrid setup: Configure an Application to Trace a Utility Network (esri.com) (see step 3)

AlixVezina_1-1712150397739.png

gis_KIWI4
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @AlixVezina. I look forward to 11.3
When can we expect 11.3 to come out?
We are on 11.1 and support for subtype group layers is quite limited on this version.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Right now, 11.3 is planned for May 2024.

0 Kudos