Experience Builder and Survey123 Feature Reports

09-19-2023 10:06 AM
Labels (1)
John_Hall
New Contributor II

Hello all, 

I have question that I am having a hard time answering. Say I have a map inside of experience builder and it is showing study areas. Would it be possible to pull up a survey123 feature report for a selected study area? The survey would be take out in the field of said study area describing plants, animals, and water bodies observed. 

Ideally a user would select a study area they are interested in or filter to it and then once selected the report would be shown in some fashion, either in a pane or pull up a URL to the report in the attributes. 

Sorry if this is an obvious yes or no answer,  I am new to this stuff and I am trying my best to fully understand the capabilities of experience builder and survey123. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @Ruth_JiatengXu for the help, much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @John_Hall @HelenCooper @MeganEngel ,

The new Feature Report widget is now available in the Experience Builder. Please give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Many thanks @Ruth_JiatengXu for keeping us updated.  Is this https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/feature-report-widget.htm the correct documentation for the widget?

Does the widget consume credits?

Thanks again, 

Helen

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper , yes this is the doc for the new widget. It will consume the credit of the user who generates the report in the app.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks @Ruth_JiatengXu , it sounds like it won't be possible to use it on public facing apps then?  (i.e. users that don't have an AGOL account won't be able to generate reports?)

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper ,

You are right, the widget has to be used by a signed-in user. If you would like to use it on a public-facing app, please describe your workflow so we can investigate it more. For example, you would like to input another account's information for the report generation service.

I also recommend you contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the enhancement on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos