Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB Table Selection - Fast or Auto

Jump to solution
05-22-2023 06:15 AM
GregReinecke
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I am in ExB and using Lists and Tables to achieve some Filtering-like goals. When I choose an item from the list widget on the left sidebar I get all the related counties to that selection thanks to an Action  > Trigger Data > Action Data > and Trigger/Action Connections which is awesome. The list uses a standalone table that shares a key field with the feature layer that drives the table on the right creating a one to many like relationship via the Trigger/Action connection.  Of course any other approaches that would make more sense are more than welcome.

My challenge though is that when the Table on the right updates I have to touch each item to get it to appear on the map.

I'm aware that ESRI doesn't want auto selections or something along that line due to large datasets and performance which is fair enough but could I some way get the counties to show on the map via filtering equal to items that currently are updated in table.  From there clicking on them could select or flash them, etc.

I just haven't been able to do it with the table approach or feature info approach.

Thanks in advance.

GR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregReinecke
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for slow post. The reason why zooming was unavailable was the table from which I selected features had no geometry. I assume that had to be the issue. Added a geom and it of course worked. Thanks for all the help as it got be refocused on the obvious. Was feeling dumb for a minute I’ll admit. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @GregReinecke 

Is it possible to give us an app which could repro the issue you mentioned above? I was trying to configure an app using a state-county data which can be related through keys, but not able to see what you were seeing, maybe due to different configurations on the actions (or data).

Thanks,

Shen

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
GregReinecke
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for slow post. The reason why zooming was unavailable was the table from which I selected features had no geometry. I assume that had to be the issue. Added a geom and it of course worked. Thanks for all the help as it got be refocused on the obvious. Was feeling dumb for a minute I’ll admit. 

0 Kudos