Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB Sections overlap

Jump to solution
05-31-2024 03:50 AM
Labels (1)
cat206
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, does anyone know where i might be going wrong with buiding my ExB. I have a column to the right hand side, with a chart and filter widget. Next to it is a sidebar, with a map and table which the users can minimise to view the map. It looks fine on the ExB editor page: 

cat206_0-1717152459298.png

But when i view the live versions, the layout goes very funny:

cat206_1-1717152589112.png

Am i missing something which i should be doing please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, because the dashboard's pallet takes up screen space, what you see on the right may not always look identical pixel by pixel.  This is not just because of the Pallet, but because different screen sizes (Tablets, Phone in portrait/landscape view), 13-15 inch laptops, up to really big monitors of 24 inches or more all have different amounts of screen area.  Experience builder is somewhat responsive and grows usually to fill larger areas typically.

In this case I wonder if the width on the section, or the chart is set to a 'fixed' width in the dashboard (rather than some minimum size) which may be constraining it.  When you click on the secton and look at style and content does it have a width set?

The other thing that may be going on, is as you suggest in the title, section 'overlap'.  If that's the case then it would suggest the sections on the left (table and map are on top of the chart on the right).  You might need to bring that right section on top of the map to see it all.

I'm not sure which this is without knowing how those different sections are configured though.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, because the dashboard's pallet takes up screen space, what you see on the right may not always look identical pixel by pixel.  This is not just because of the Pallet, but because different screen sizes (Tablets, Phone in portrait/landscape view), 13-15 inch laptops, up to really big monitors of 24 inches or more all have different amounts of screen area.  Experience builder is somewhat responsive and grows usually to fill larger areas typically.

In this case I wonder if the width on the section, or the chart is set to a 'fixed' width in the dashboard (rather than some minimum size) which may be constraining it.  When you click on the secton and look at style and content does it have a width set?

The other thing that may be going on, is as you suggest in the title, section 'overlap'.  If that's the case then it would suggest the sections on the left (table and map are on top of the chart on the right).  You might need to bring that right section on top of the map to see it all.

I'm not sure which this is without knowing how those different sections are configured though.

cat206
by

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for coming back to me. All of them are set to "Stretch": Map, Sidebar, Table, Column, Filter and Pie Chart - I'm not sure if that's the correct configuration I need. 

The Column with filter and pie chart inside has been sent to the back, but i don't really want it to sit on top of the map either by bringing it to the front, I'd like them to stick side by side no matter the screen size - although that's what i'm struggling to create. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense

0 Kudos
cat206
by

Hi Tim, I've just had another look and it looks like my column was set to a specific width rather than stretch, which I have now adjusted and it's looking exactly how i want it to! Thanks! 

0 Kudos