Enterprise Map Widget issue only allows 99 records to be selected at a time

04-09-2023 05:36 PM
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

Enterprise 9.x Experience Builder will only allow 99 features from a map to be selected at a time. If we select the same area in an operations dashboard map, it's about 8000 features. Is this a limitation of the Enterprise EB? It's not very friendly relative to the needs of our users. 99 features is a pretty small selection when you consider some of the most commonly used datasets, such as parcels, address points, etc.

@ShaneClarke

6 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Data panel for your feature layer, you can change the data settings to increase the record page size for the data. By default, it is set at 100.

You should be able to increase it to match the service max record count (2,000 by default)

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Why would this value not be set to 2,000 by default from the service itself, so endusers would not need to worry about changing this value unless the default service value itself does not meet their business needs?

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Likely for similar reasons there's a 2,000 limit - browser performance. 

Did adjusting it work for you?

If you'd like to see the default limit increased, would recommend creating an ArcGIS Idea with why having a large selection is important to your org.

KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

I found this option and first off, that is not very intuitive to call this "Page Size" and have it located under the settings hidden deep in the data panel for a layer. Second, I changed the max to 10,000 and though it allowed and accepted this number, it still will not let me select anything more than 1980 in my map. This is a very frustrating limitation. Most agencies have more than 2000 assets; counties have more than 2000 parcels, road departments typically have more than 2000 road segments, counties and municipalities that utilize GIS typically have more than 2000 address points unless they are very small. This limit does not fit with the actual needs of GIS users.

KaraUtter2_1-1686854625453.png

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@ChristopherCounsell - yes, the default value is because of the performance consideration as you mentioned.

In the latest AGOL Oct release, we have enhanced this behavior so the default selection behavior won't be capped; and for Enterprise users, it will be picked up by the next available version.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks. Can you mark my answer as the solution so I get the internet points?

0 Kudos