Enterprise Experience Builder Not Highlighting Feature Selections

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
GrantCountyGISSup
New Contributor III

I am in an Enterprise 11.1 Environment trying to work with Web Experience Builder.  I created a Parcel Explorer for the public to search information on Tax Parcels.  It is still being edited for capabilities but the basic information is available.

In the Body under Map I have toggled on "Select" in the Map Tools.  When I click on a single parcel in Preview it will highlight.

GrantCountyGISSup_0-1713900514653.png

However, when I use the select tool (in this instance using the rectangle select)  it will say I have x number of Selected Features but it will not highlight them.  I even tried clicking each parcel individually while holding down the Shift key with no success.

GrantCountyGISSup_3-1713900736535.pngGrantCountyGISSup_4-1713900770159.png

I checked all of the configurations, tried removing and re-adding the data, changing the colors but nothing seems to work.  Is there something I could be missing?

GrantCountyGISSup_5-1713900885480.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@GrantCountyGISSup 

While the map-click is affected by the map viewer configuration of the pop-up, the selection tool relates to whether this service supports query by geometry.

0 Kudos
GrantCountyGISSup
New Contributor III

So I tried adding the Geometry query to the Experience but I get that it is not supported, is there another place I need to turn on the query by geometry?

GrantCountyGISSup_0-1713964009778.png

**Update** I had to share this as public first in my content, now it adds just fine.  I still cannot get the selection tool to work, so there must be some other setting I am missing**

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I was talking about the REST service capability - {hosteddomain/rest/services/{layer}/...}, not inside ExB configurations. You can access it through the data panel link of the used service:

TonghuiMing_0-1714010624645.png

TonghuiMing_1-1714010740663.png

0 Kudos
GrantCountyGISSup
New Contributor III

So I looked into my layers and tried a few things, from what I can see it map layers can be queried.  Initial I had a map image layer I was trying to query, this is how the REST looks:

GrantCountyGISSup_1-1714057101885.pngGrantCountyGISSup_2-1714057123980.png

Then I published the same layer as a Feature Layer and here is the results:

GrantCountyGISSup_0-1714056899498.png

I am not familiar with how to change this if these parameters are incorrect.  I tried the new feature layer in a test web map and attached it to the experience without any success.

I also wanted to point out that we are one Enterprise 11.1 with the Web Experience Builder version '1.10.0'.  

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GrantCountyGISSup thanks for the response. However, since your service is on the Enterprise, it would be difficult for me to follow up. Reaching out to Esri support might be a better approach moving along.

I've noticed one issue (BUG-000166438) regarding searching with geometry on a parcel layer. I am unsure if these two are related, but you could check that case with your service too.