Edit widget not respecting requirements of smart form

06-16-2023 06:50 PM
Labels (1)
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, we have been experiencing an issue with the editor widget where a user can submit a feature even though they have not filled all the fields that are required in the smart form. When using this same map in FieldMaps the feature cannot be submitted until all fields have been filled. Is this something others have encountered? It is really a necessary feature as data validation by requiring fields is one of the best ways to ensure that a user has input everything they need to.

9 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan , to help narrow down the issue, could you try to edit the same feature layer in Map Viewer (not the classic one)  and see what happens? 

0 Kudos
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

@Jianxia, I should have been more specific, this is a feature table so I am not able to edit it directly in the new map viewer. Like I mentioned, the smart form is respected on field maps even when trying to submit multiple times. I'm attaching some screen recordings to show you the behavior.

1. On the ExB recording the FacilityID field is required in the form but not only does it not flag it as required unless you click on the field

2. Form is respected on FieldMaps

3. Attached is a screenshot of the configured form.

0 Kudos
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am currently experiencing this issue as well. The edit widget is not respecting the fields that are required and does not flag them - it just creates the feature when you hit create. Then, when I go to create another feature, whether it is in the same layer or a different layer, I double click to finish drawing and the form doesn't pop up and it appears that the feature is created but when you refresh or view the map again, the second feature disappears.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan @luckachi , a fix has been deployed last night. Could you please confirm if it works for you? Thanks!

luckachi

I had to redo the smart form again but it looks like it is now flagging required fields when you click create!

However, I am still unable to create more than one feature with the edit widget. I create one feature, a polygon, and when I select another layer from the templates and create a feature, the smart form does not appear but the feature shows up on the map. It disappears after I click refresh or revisit the map.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@luckachi , for the second issue, could you provide a reproducible sample please?

0 Kudos
luckachi
0 Kudos
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

@Jianxia I have tried re building the form along with deleting the edit widget and re-adding it, same behavior as before.  ** and edit to this statement, form requirements do seem to be enforced for point features, but they are still not enforced for feature tables**

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan @luckachi  Thanks for the videos. At this point, to help troubleshoot, we need a reproducible sample with data. Could you please provide a reproducible sample while contacting Esri support?

0 Kudos