Select to view content in your preferred language

Drawing option in Edit Widget?

12-01-2023 09:25 AM
EricaCirigliano
Regular Contributor

The road map for Experience Builder shows that there is parity with WAB's Smart Editor widget, and there are a couple of blog posts from @AlixVezina about how to migrate.

In the Smart Editor widget, there was a setting to display drawing options for a feature layer - so the user could choose to draw a polygon freehand or use a rectangle or circle drawing tool.

How would one configure the Edit widget in Experience Builder to replicate this? I see "snapping" settings, but not drawing tool options.

Thanks!

Erica 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EricaCirigliano ,

These drawing options are still missing from the editor but are on the roadmap. You are correct, there is not yet full parity with all the functionality Smart Editor provides. We'll provide a more detailed parity matrix soon.

0 Kudos
Vara_PrasadM_S
Frequent Contributor

Hi @AlixVezina ,

It seems these additional draw tools are still not available in ExpBuilder Editor Widget. Could you please let me know if they are available or what's the plan for those. Also, could you please direct me if there is a way that we can customize it to have these additional tools meanwhile.

Thanks in advance!

With Regards,

Vara Prasad

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Here's the latest editing parity matrix: Individual Widget Functionality Matrix Between Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder (esri.com)

Right now, the focus in on adding batch editing support. The plan is for that to be available in Experience Builder next year.

Drawing tools are currently available in the Web Editor application. They will make their way into ExB as well, but we don't yet have the timeline for them.

0 Kudos
Vara_PrasadM_S
Frequent Contributor

Hi @AlixVezina ,

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please direct me on customising Editor widget using its viewmodels to implement draw tool switching.

With Regards,

Vara Prasad 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@Vara_PrasadM_S I'd recommend reaching out to the Maps SDK for JavaScript community for this ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript - Esri Community

0 Kudos
Vara_PrasadM_S
Frequent Contributor

Hi @AlixVezina, I posted in that community. Could you please suggest any of your ESRI colleagues whom I can tag there for help. Thank you 

- Vara Prasad 

0 Kudos