Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a table

11-08-2023 05:29 AM
Labels (1)
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Hello,

What is the best way to add a table to the EB? I have information that I want to organize into a table within the EB. However, I am unable to add a table without using the attribute table widget. Is it not possible to add a table similar to a spreadsheet or a table like in Microsoft Word?

Thanks

Ali

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Why don't you want to use the Table widget?

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

I want just a simple way to organize the information's, because I am creating an app for people that they doesn't have any experience with the technology and all what I need is a way to represent this information's and to be accessible using a screen reader (accessibility).

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Experience Builder has a Table widget. Is there a reason you cannot use it?

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/table-widget/

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

This widget is meant to retrieve data from AGOL as a feature service (correct me please if I am wrong). However, when I attempted to use it, the text doesn't appear well because the text I have is too long, and there is no option to wrap the text. Additionally, there are unnecessary options on the right of the table, such as toggling fields on/off, etc. these great options will confused the people that I mentioned above.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The Table widget could pull from any type of data source that Experience Builder accepts which is more than just feature services, but more relevant to your question the feature service could just be a table.

Most of the options can be turned off. It looks like the Show/Hide columns button is the only one that can't be turned off, but if that and the column sizes are deal-breakers, you can use the Embed widget to as @leahmaps suggests pull in a table from other ESRI products. You could probably even use the Embed widget on Google Sheets or a similar service.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
leahmaps
Occasional Contributor II

Is your information not stored in a feature class? If so, try tables on dashboards as those can be more friendly. If you are handmaking a table, try tables in StoryMaps.

0 Kudos