Select to view content in your preferred language

Coordinate widget place point remains active after you close the widget

05-31-2024 08:45 AM
shodge_fsu
Occasional Contributor

I have a simple ExB app that has layers a user can click on and view the normal popup.  I have loaded the Coordinate widget so the user can see the lat/lon on the map.  That widget allows a continuous viewing of the coordinates or  the placement of a marker and the widget shows the coordinates at that location.  If the user takes this second option and places a marker to see the coordinates and then decides to close the widget without deselecting the marker option, then each time the user clicks on a feature they don't get the popup but the get the marker symbol from the now deactivated Coordinate widget.

The solution, of course, is to deactivate the marker option before closing the Coordinate widget.  This looks like a bug to me.  I see it in 1.13 and 1.14 developer editions.  Anyone know how I can forces a deactivation of this option upon the widget closing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kaifeiji
Occasional Contributor

Let me guess, you put the Coordinate widget in a controller.

You want to deactivate it after closing the controller panel.

Is that right?

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@shodge_fsu -

Could you help confirm if it is as @kaifeiji mentioned - the widget is put inside the widget controller? If that's the case, it is the expected behavior for now - for widgets like Filter, if you close the panel, turning off the filtering effect looks like a bug to some users.

If that's the case, and you feel this behavior can be enhanced, we might consider optimizing the widget controller capability further. Let me know your detailed case, thanks.

0 Kudos
shodge_fsu
Occasional Contributor

Been out of town for a few weeks so sorry for the delayed response.

@kaifeiji is correct.  The widget is inside of a widget controller along with about 10 other widgets.  This keeps the map nice and clean looking.  It seems intuitive to me that when you close this widget, then its' actions should automatically be deactivated.  A simple configuration option to stop the widget behavior when closed would be pretty easy to implement.  

Thanks for following up with this issue.

0 Kudos