ArcGIS Esperience Builder: I can't select source data for my Widgets

Jump to solution
02-22-2024 07:56 AM
Labels (1)
FrancescoCotana
New Contributor II

I've created a webmap out of cvs file added as an item ( I couldn't create a hosted feature layer, it gave me an error message). I'm now trying to create an app with Experience Builder. I have my map widget out of my webmap, but all the other widgets I try to use are uncapable of retreiving data from my webmap. The dataset I've used has, for example, a column with dates, which I've uploaded as dates when uplading the cvs file, but when I try to add data to the timeline widget I cannot pick any data. Even if i select "add new data" and select the webmap again, no data can be used "No added data can be used. Please add data.". I've also tried the chart widget and that also cannot use the data in my wabmap. I should probably point out that even if I've added the webmap among the data window on the left, I don't know why it figures as having 0 layers, while it has points.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

A raw csv is not a valid data source in Experience Builder. It must be converted to a hosted feature layer/source before it can be used. The error you received was likely because you have insufficient permissions to create a hosted service. Contact your GIS Administrator to elevate your permissions or ask them to create the service for you.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

A raw csv is not a valid data source in Experience Builder. It must be converted to a hosted feature layer/source before it can be used. The error you received was likely because you have insufficient permissions to create a hosted service. Contact your GIS Administrator to elevate your permissions or ask them to create the service for you.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
FrancescoCotana
New Contributor II

Thank you

You were right

0 Kudos