Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow full capability to update selection and flash symbology properties for the Search widget when using a map or feature service layer

08-30-2024 12:54 PM
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

While it is nice we can change the selection fill and outline colors in the Map widget settings it would be helpful to have the ability to make further modifications to those settings to them, as well as set custom symbology in the Search widget.  Additionally, it would be great to update the flash properties when referencing a map or feature service.  If I understand it correctly flash properties can maybe be updated if a locator or geocode service is used.  I am unable to do that with map service layer.

Some suggestions include...

1) Ability to set line or border thickness on selected features

2) Change the point selection symbol to a circle, square, etc that can be much larger than the selected shape so said shape sticks out more

3) Change flash duration, color and size (similar to 2)

This wasn't an option with Web AppBuilder either, but @RobertScheitlin__GISP generously offered the steps necessary to do it via the Search widget config.json and widget.js.  I wish this type of thing was out-of-the-box.