Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow for ExB section names to be repeated

07-02-2024 03:10 PM
Labels (1)
andrewdc_tt
Occasional Contributor

Currently, I have two pages in my Experience that are largely duplicated in layout but with different content/widgets etc. As part of my layout I have a section widget in a sidebar that is mirrored on both pages (one example is toggling between help text/layer list and the map legend).

However, if I try name the sections the same as an existing section (even when on a different page), I get the error 'This label is duplicated'. I want them to be the same name/label on both pages for consistency of my user interface across both pages, but at the moment I'm forced to name them something different.

Given that these sections are on different pages, is it possible to only enforce unique names within sections on a page? It shouldn't be an issue for a unique URL as this includes both the page and the section name together.

andrewdc_tt_0-1719957905613.png

2 Comments
NicoleJohnson

Since you mention consistency of the user interface: one workaround you can do is add extra spaces, e.g., call one view "Layers" and another "Layers " or " Layers ".

JeffreyThompson2

As @NicoleJohnson said you can use spaces. Here is a more detailed explanation of the method.

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/handle-duplicate-views-names-in-sec...