Add Location Tracking Widget to Experience Builder Map Container

08-11-2022 03:15 PM
Labels (1)
Lake_Country_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Implement Location Tracking in Experience Builder - same as JS API:

"Applications can find, track, and display the geolocation for a device with the Locate and Track widgets. Both widgets use the HTML5 Geolocation API to find the device's location and provide updates. Once your geolocation is found, you can zoom to the location, display a graphic, and follow along as your location changes. The Locate widget finds and zooms to your current location after you click the button, whereas the Track widget animates the view to your location at an interval. The Track widget is useful for building applications that provide driving directions and follow routes."

Tags (3)
13 Comments
Grant-S-Carroll

The locate widget is available at the moment as part of the tools associated with a map. 

GrantSCarroll_0-1660256413291.png

Lake_Country_GIS

Yes, now we just need the "Track" Widget!

wrumley_asheville

We would also benefit from an out of the box track-style widget! Our use case is that we have developed an Experience for our sweeper drivers to reference when streets have last been swept. It would be helpful if the app remained centered on the user's location once acquired similar to how Fields Maps functions.

CherieBryant

Our environmental inspectors would also benefit from this!

AZendel

Yes, please! It sounds like this hasn't been implemented yet? Somebody tell me that I'm wrong.

Has anyone built a custom widget that they can share?

MattTarkington1

I'd also like to see an option for tracking.

Lake_Country_GIS

Still waiting patiently for this functionality. Very strange as the track functionality has existed across the platform ever since HTML5 was invented!!!

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-widgets-Track.html

KevinKies

Yes please as soon as possible live tracking!!

Lake_Country_GIS

Hopefully soon. I assume that all functionality that was available in WebAppBuilder will be available in Experience Builder!

JeffCook1

I agree