Add Editor Widget

08-05-2020 02:33 PM
PatrickPanza
New Contributor II

Anxious to see a feature editor widget added to Experience Builder to gain parity with WAB. Have done some workarounds with Survey123, but they are clunky, labor intensive on the back end, and work best for existing features. Ideally, a new editor widget similar to the "Smart Editor" but with a more user friendly interface (read: BIG, customizable buttons built from feature templates and/or subtypes) is added to Experience Builder. Something that not only allows for the editing of existing features but for streamlined creation of new features and a form-based/popup-based interface for user attribute input. Perhaps it could receive input from map widgets (e.g. location), and be triggered by other widgets (e.g. buttons).

This would expand the utility of Experience Builder in a huge way.

15 Comments
MichaelTorbett

Hi,

Is it in the workplan to add additional editing tools to the Editor Widget in Experience Builder? My agency could really use the 'Split', 'Reshape', and 'Merge' tools similar to what's in the Web App Builder Edit Widget.

Foresters in my agency create forest stand type maps and stewardship plan maps for landowners. Those editing tools are needed for those types of maps.

Thanks,

Michael

AlixVezina
Status changed to: Implemented

MichaelTorbett

@AlixVezina , when are you going to add the 'Split', 'Reshape', and 'Merge/Union' components to the Editor Widget? Similar to what the Edit widget in WAB has.

AlixVezina

@MichaelTorbett It's on the roadmap to be added as part of a more advanced editing functionality toolset, but we don't have a definite date yet.

Division3NCDOTGOV

I would also add to this that it would be helpful to be able to copy feature geometry from one layer into another. This functionality is available in Smart Editor but not in the editor in Experience Builder.