Add batch edit widget to experience builder

10-10-2022 10:46 AM
Labels (1)
MollyJackson
New Contributor III

Experience Builder has so much potential, but we can't implement it until a batch editor capability is added. It is so convenient to be able to select multiple features and edit their attributes simultaneously rather than selecting one-by-one.

Tags (1)
38 Comments
Scott_Sambell

Doesn't look good I'm afraid @MeleKoneya 

Scott_Sambell_0-1708467119931.png

MeleKoneya1

Geez ...........   https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/arcgis-experience-builder-2024-roadmap/...   What a conundrum.   I don't want to create a WAB app for a short time, but not sure I can wait until Q4 to deploy it.

MikeDahm

Q4 2024 is a long way off to know if the edit multiple will actually be implemented in a usable way for our workflows before WAB is deprecated in ArcGIS Online.  The Field Maps multiple edit is horrible as it ignores any forms that are setup.

NatashaMiller

Agree with @MikeDahm  -- concerned about the time between WAB deprecation and deployment of this feature. I see no stopgap options for desktop users who need to "edit multiple" but are not savvy with Pro or the Map Viewer... suggestions are appreciated if I'm missing something!

GrantHoward1

@NatashaMiller , your concerns are valid. I have the same ones! In my org we like to steer our users to app maps because they are more customized for their purposes and then don't have to learn & remember more than necessary. Teaching them their workflows on Map Viewer is not something I want to do. And access to Pro is not something our org would likely be willing to do. I suspect if ESRI can't figure out this 'edit multiple' issue in Experience Builder than they might just bump the deprecation date for WebApp Builder . But I'd prefer they just figure it out for Ex. Builder sooner than later. It's already been pushed back twice on their roadmaps.

Amanda__Huber

@Scott_Sambell Thanks for sharing this graphic! Our organization was also looking for the answer to this. 

KateO_Loan2

Can the depreciation date for WAB be extended to accomodate batch editing until it is released to experience builder in Q4?

fisherhunterallan

@Scott_Sambell Thanks for sharing this graphic! Our organization was also looking for the answer to this.