X-Ray for ArcCatalog Import Error

Jump to solution
09-12-2014 03:52 PM
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor

I keep receiving this error when trying to import an updated xml file to a selected database:

"XML error on line 1, position 2431.  Whitespace is not allowed at this location."

I get this error after updating the spatial reference and then saving the xml file.  I do not get this error when I import an xml file that has not been saved after updating the spatial reference.  I have tried the importing process both in SDE and a FGDB and still receive the import error.  Comparing the saved xml file to the original file, for which I have no troubles importing, I noticed the saved version has whitespace between tags while the non-altered xml file does not have whitespaces.

Here's my setup:

ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2

X-Ray for ArcCatalog 10.2

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Thanks for any thoughts!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

You could be hitting a known bug which was very recently logged.

Can you please confirm which XML file you are observing this issue with?

--------------

BUG-000080891- Gas Data Model XML workspace returns the error, "XML Import Error: XML error on line 1, position 2431. Whitespace is not allowed at this location” when trying to import into a file geodatabase after a new spatial reference is assigned using the X-Ray for Geodatabases tool.

The workaround as you have already observed is:

Manually assign the spatial reference. Do not apply a new spatial reference before importing.

------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

You could be hitting a known bug which was very recently logged.

Can you please confirm which XML file you are observing this issue with?

--------------

BUG-000080891- Gas Data Model XML workspace returns the error, "XML Import Error: XML error on line 1, position 2431. Whitespace is not allowed at this location” when trying to import into a file geodatabase after a new spatial reference is assigned using the X-Ray for Geodatabases tool.

The workaround as you have already observed is:

Manually assign the spatial reference. Do not apply a new spatial reference before importing.

------------

0 Kudos
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor

Yes, it's the Gas Data Model.  Bummer, looks like I better start the manual process.  Thanks for the reply though!

0 Kudos