Why am I getting this error: The operation timed out (WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12002)?

Jump to solution
06-23-2016 11:21 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I have ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 installed on a vm with Windows Server 2012. I am using a Web Adaptor on my web server which is on a different machine. I am using Active Directory for my user store, ArcGIS authentication and roles. This is an intermittent error meaning sometimes my print service works and sometimes it does not! Here is a screen capture of the error in ArcGIS Server Manager. We do not have HTTPS set-up. The Geoprocessing/SecuredBasicPrinting.GPServer is a geoprocessing script that I published following the tutorial by esri. I do not have port 443 in my bindings for my web site and understand that I could add it but the question has more to do with WHY is the print service trying to access a token through https? And should I just ignore this error? But why is my print service failing intermittently?

Thanks,

Janice.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
10 Replies
Venkata_RamanaEmandi
New Contributor

Change the DPI and try, if it is working for lower DPI (96 to 120)

0 Kudos
Venkata_RamanaEmandi
New Contributor

Change the DPI and try, if it is working for lower DPI (96 to 120). Also change Mapserver parameters "Maximum Image Height (pixels):" , "Maximum Image Width (pixels):"

0 Kudos
Venkata_RamanaEmandi
New Contributor

I hope this will help u

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

HTTPS is enabled at the web tier, but it's not enabled at the GIS tier (at least when I checked just now). Because of this, when the web adaptor attempts to proxy the HTTPS request to the GIS Server, the TLS chain is invalidated. Attempts to get a token should *ALWAYS* be sent using HTTPS. Without additional context I'm unsure I can speak to why sometimes printing works and sometimes not - I'd have to see the app in action. Regardless, if you enable HTTPS, on your GIS Server, this issue will likely go away. 

0 Kudos
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

getting this same error for the first time in 10.5.1

I have a map service I want to publish that has both gis data and a mosaic dataset(MD). If I take the MD out and just publish the gis data it goes through fine and if i take all the gis data out and just publish the MD it works fine. For some reason when i try to publish the service with the two together i get that error.

we have published this service just fine in the past, the only difference is now is this is the first time trying to publish the service after upgrading to 10.5.1.

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
Venkata_RamanaEmandi
New Contributor

This seems service response time is more than the given time. Try to change

mapservice parameters maximum image width and height to 13600.

0 Kudos
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

Changing the server protocol from "HTTP and HTTPS" to "HTTPS ONLY" fixed it for me.

I find it a little strange that this fixed things...as most fixes I have found Esri are a bit perplexing.

dave

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Andres,

The original post was 4 years, ago! I am beyond this version and have no idea if this would have solved my issue. However, maybe it will help someone with the same issue. I am marking your answer as correct because it must be so.

Thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos