WebGISDR logs consuming all disk space

12-27-2018 01:58 PM
JoeWeyl
Occasional Contributor

We have an HA Portal at 10.6 Windows 2016. When I run the webgisdr tool backups, full or incremental, the logs are filling up all the space on the drive where the webgisdr.bat file runs. Is there a way to control this that I missed? I didn't see anything here Create an ArcGIS Enterprise backup—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise, the drive that has webgisdr on it is 300 GB and those logs files are over 100 GB alone, if not more. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeWeyl
Occasional Contributor

Update - I found the logback.xml file, which I assume is controlling the output of the log files based on it's parameters, but since I am using the default, I am not sure how/what/wehre to make proper changes. These files are so big even on a incremental backup it has me concerned that it will crash my server.

0 Kudos
JoeWeyl
Occasional Contributor

I think I figured out my own issue, the logback.xml file has a setting for DEBUG, INFO< WARN, and ERROR. My file was set to DEBUG from some issues I was working with support on, but I don't need that high level of logs now. I have set it back to WARN. Let's see if that will solve this issue.

xavierlhomme
Occasional Contributor

Hello

I can't figure where is the logback.xml (Portal  10.6.1)

Can you give us the path ?

best regards.

Xavier Lhomme
GIS Architect / ESIRI Expert
0 Kudos
ImranKhan_P
New Contributor III

Hello xavier lhomme ,

You can find the logback.xml file in the webgisdr folder. For example, In my machine the path where it resides is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\tools\webgisdr\logback.xml

logback.xml location

0 Kudos