Web Adapter not working properly (?)

Jump to solution
03-03-2015 10:57 AM
AlicePence
Occasional Contributor II

We recently had our GIS Server crash over the weekend and when it came back on board we noticed a difference in our Web Services. After some trial and error I found this pattern:

When we use - gisvm04:6080/arcgis/rest/services

Our map services don't need a Token and use the Web Tier authentication like it use to before the crash

When we use - egis/arcgis_internal/rest/services

Our map service needs a Token authentication.

After some research it looks like it might have to do with our web adapter - but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Did you try to configure the web adaptor again? Configuring the ArcGIS Web Adaptor

I would check the site security settings, which you have probably checked already anyway. Sorry I cannot give you better advice.

F.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Did you try to configure the web adaptor again? Configuring the ArcGIS Web Adaptor

I would check the site security settings, which you have probably checked already anyway. Sorry I cannot give you better advice.

F.

AlicePence
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for this insight! It did help to reconfigure the web adaptor AND check my permission settings. This issue is still unclear why this happened, but the great people at ESRI Tech Support helped me find out that it for some reason our permissions/authentications changed (maybe back to default?) after the crash. All I needed to do was add esriEveryone back into the permissions in the admin rest point.

0 Kudos