Visualization Tab on Feature Layer on Portal 10.8

07-08-2020 10:03 AM
Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

I have noticed that when viewing a feature layer's item page on a mobile device and going to visualization is resulting in the embedded map displaying a 404 error.  I have noticed this on two of my instances of ArcGIS Enterprise.  After digging into the Chrome developer tools, it looks like it is resulting in a 404 error when trying to access /apps/preplanned/mobilemap.html.  Not an issue on a laptop since it doesn't load the mobilemap.html on that screen size.

I was able to verify it was not an issue with the web adaptor on our web servers since it also happens when going through port 7443.  The issue is that it is leaving off the web context of /arcgis or /portal at the beginning of the request for the mobilemap.html.

I have been able to find a handful of other 10.8 portals (5 different organizations) that are showing the same behavior, so I am leaning toward this being a bug.  

I do have a ticket open with tech support, but thought I would post here to see if anyone else has noticed this or if it is not an issue in their implementation. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

What browser are you using? I just tested an internal 10.8 in both Chome and Firefox with no issues.

Can you provide a link to a feature layer where this issue is occurring?

EDIT: I missed the part about viewing it on mobile. I was able to repro in my Portal.

0 Kudos
Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

Chrome on a Mac (others have verified on Windows) and Safari on an iPhone.  Here is one of our public feature layers:

https://mapstest.raleighnc.gov/portal/home/item.html?id=e5cd98a8d7b741d4bb70ae6694486355#visualize 

Though the screen needs to be the size of a mobile device, below is a screenshot of it in Chrome on my laptop

0 Kudos