Select to view content in your preferred language

Trim Archive History Tool

Jump to solution
07-18-2022 11:56 AM
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to run the Trim Archive Hisotry tool in Pro on a non-versioned Feature Class with Archiving enabled. Unfortunatly, I get an error saying: 

ERROR 003206: The trim date must be older than the date the map was taken offline. [The table, GIS.SDE.survey_v2_0, participates in a feature service that was used in an offline map. SDE.Ags_Fs, 01/16/2020 08:35:53 PM]

I cannot use an older trim date because it wont trim the correct data.    How do you figure out what web map is creating this lock if the Feature Class is used in A LOT of services??? 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Brumm

Yes, I got an answer from ESRI on this and it fixed the problem. 

1. Go to the Feature Service Rest endpoint https://<domain>/server/rest/services/<name>./featureserver

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page --> Click on Replicas

3. Write down the Replica ID

4. Go back and click the  UnRegister Replica link

5. Plug in the Replica ID and unregister the replicas. 

6. Try the Trim Archive tool again. Mine worked perfectly after I unregistered the the two replicas that were blocking me. 

hope this helps,

Dan

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JurassicFibre
New Contributor II

I am experiencing a similar issue. Raising a new ticket with ESRI support.

MichelleMestrovich1
New Contributor III

Did you get any answer from ESRI on this issue? Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Dan_Brumm

Yes, I got an answer from ESRI on this and it fixed the problem. 

1. Go to the Feature Service Rest endpoint https://<domain>/server/rest/services/<name>./featureserver

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page --> Click on Replicas

3. Write down the Replica ID

4. Go back and click the  UnRegister Replica link

5. Plug in the Replica ID and unregister the replicas. 

6. Try the Trim Archive tool again. Mine worked perfectly after I unregistered the the two replicas that were blocking me. 

hope this helps,

Dan

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
SonomaMapAdministrator
New Contributor III

Thanks, I did figure that out but the problem is that even when someone syncs their changes for some reason the replica stays. I tested it.   I'm afraid that I might screw up someone's offline edits if I do this. 

0 Kudos
MichelleMestrovich1
New Contributor III

This will work the problem is that any users that have an offline area even if they have synced it, the offline area fails and they have to delete it and create another one.  This can be a problem for users because often times they setup an area so they can return to it on a regular basis. Also some of my users are tech challenged so talking them through creating an offline map area can be an issue. 

I started  a case with ESRI a few days back. I showed the analyst the issue and he agreed this was a problem. He is working with his team to come up with a solution. I will report back once they get back to me.

0 Kudos
MargoTercier
New Contributor II

I unregistered the Replicas as suggested and I was then able to run the Trim Archive History Tool. However, because the Replicas were then unregistered, I was unable anymore to sync my offline map which contained the Replica. Additionally, every time a user download a map offline, a new Replica ID is created, thus, it would not be possible to set up an automatic scheduled task to trim the layer as the Replica IDs would need to be unregistered manually before the task runs. 

0 Kudos
MichelleMestrovich1
New Contributor III

So my work flow is to inform all my users that I I will be trimming history and that they need to sync all their changes. I also ask them to delete all their offline maps & tell them they will need to recreate them.  I give them a few days to complete this task. I then delete the replicas and trim.   This has worked pretty well for us.  You might want to consider creating map areas on the map itself and tell the users to use those rather then creating their own. We have not been able to implement using map areas since we have secured layers and there is currently a bug creating map areas with secure layers with enterprise 10.9.1 rest services.

0 Kudos