Standard Analysis - Interpolate Points Error

05-02-2018 05:39 AM
WilliamMartins1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I get the following message when I try to perform Interpolate Points:

"Error

InterpolatePoints failed."

I tried a lot of different variations and keep getting the same message. What could it be?

I use ArcGIS Enterprise Standard.

In a similar post someone answered that Interpolate Points is available only with GeoStatistical Analyst, but this option is available under the standard tools / standard analysis.

Also, If I try with < 10 points, is shows the message:

"Error

Not enough data to compute method. At least 10 points are required. InterpolatePoints failed." which makes me think it is not a license or permission problem.

It is also not a role/privilege issue (I have Publisher role).

Thanks in advance

13 Replies
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi William,

I do not think this issue is related to your data; I was able to run Interpolate Points with your attached data without any errors.

Instead, the issue is almost certainly related to licensing.  Interpolate Points requires an Advanced license for ArcGIS Enterprise in order to use the Geostatistical Analyst extension (which only comes with an Advanced license).  If you have a Standard license, Interpolate Points will fail on execution, and this is probably what is happening for you.  This will also happen for the Calculate Density tool because it requires the Spatial Analyst extension.  Can you confirm which version of ArcGIS Enterprise you are using and your license level?

Starting in ArcGIS 10.6, Interpolate Points and Calculate Density will no longer appear in the tool list if you have a Standard license.

We apologize for the poor communication of this problem, but I hope this clears up why the tool is failing. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Eric:

Is there good documentation out there on all the changes to the ArcGIS Enterprise licensing model in ArcGIS 10.6?

Are there any updates to this licensing model with the upcoming minor release of 10.6.1?

0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

I apologize, I posted some outdated information.  I've edited my post above.

0 Kudos
WilliamMartins1
New Contributor II

Dear Eric,

That leaves it very clear, as we are using Enterprise Standard, version 10.5.1 (updating to 10.6 soon).

Thank you again for your answers and effort to clarify this subject.

0 Kudos