Slope Analysis (ADF) Resolution as Displayed in Portal Map Viewer vs. ArcGIS Pro

10-25-2022 09:21 AM
DennisPeek
New Contributor

I published an existing Slope Analysis raster (.adf) as an Image Service using Image Server through our Federated Portal (all ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1).  The view of this Image Service directly in the Map Viewer of Portal is so-so. It looks pretty fuzzy at 1:4,514 zoom, and it's the same in MS-Edge or Firefox. When I pull the image service into ArcGIS Pro (2.9.3) from Portal, it looks much better, though apparently Pro automatically does some data smoothing on it that I didn't knowingly ask for. When I view the original .adf file directly in Pro, it also looks good, but more "pixellated looking", i.e., without the smoothing.

Is there a way to make the Portal Map Viewer view look better? Obviously the image service quality is as good as the original .adf file, since both look good in ArcGIS Pro. But I want to share it to a wide audience via Portal and when those users zoom close enough to really use it, it looks too fuzzy in the web browser. See attachments of the three cases.

0 Kudos
0 Replies