Run a model on ArcGIS Server on schedule?

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 09:35 AM
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a python script that I created in ArcGIS Pro with Model Builder that appends features to a feature class stored in SDE. 

I need this script to run every hour. 

Can this be done on ArcGIS Server? I have it running on task scheduler on a VM, but this is not ideal. 

Thank you, 

Michael 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

If the question is asking if ArcGIS Server Manager has any type of scheduling ability, no it does not.  You can run the script from the machine that ArcGIS Server is installed on, but it would still require Windows Task Scheduler to kick off the script to run.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

If the question is asking if ArcGIS Server Manager has any type of scheduling ability, no it does not.  You can run the script from the machine that ArcGIS Server is installed on, but it would still require Windows Task Scheduler to kick off the script to run.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you create a python script, and schedule the task using Windows Task Scheduler? This process will work at Desktop/Enterprise Geodatabase level. And a faster one too.

Think Location
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

Ended up realizing the only way to do what I wanted was to use scheduled notebooks (available only after 10.8.1 ArcGIS Server). More info here: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/notebook/latest/administer/windows/automate-notebook-execution.htm

I personally did not end up going with notebooks because we do not have the license for it. I therefore just stuck with task scheduler like you all suggested. 

Thanks for the input!

0 Kudos