Select to view content in your preferred language

Restore ArcGIS Data Store Utility Error

08-30-2023 01:09 AM
Jin-taeKim
New Contributor III

Hi, I am Jin-tae Kim, An South Korea ArcGIS User

The following error occurred while restoring the ArcGIS Data Store.
What's the reason?

Error Message

Error encounterd: Machine 'https://<FQDN>:2443/arcgis/datastoreadmin'
returned an error. 'Failed to restore 'relational' data store.

Caused by: No backup location is configured fo this data store.'

previous work
1. Server, Data Store Installation  & Configuration   Relational Data Type

Anyone know why occurred this error?

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @Jin-taeKim,

As per my understanding, there should be a "backup location" configured for the ArcGIS DataStore. The error doesn't seem very descriptive of where the backup location is not configured i.e. Either on source environment or the target environment.

I would suggest running "describedatastore" as suggested by @tanzo1 and in the result you will see "Backup locations" parameter check if this is populated, If yes then is it accessible by the account running the ArcGIS Data Store Service (to be on the safer side do this for both source and target machines)

To understand more about "describedatastore" please refer : describedatastore  

If it not configured, please try this Change the default backup location for a relational data store . Please note if the problem is due to source data store, you will have to take the backup again after enabling this capability and then try to restore.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos
Jin-taeKim
New Contributor III

Hi @ArchitSrivastava 

Thank you for your reply.

The backup location is confirmed to be set through the deserved datastore. The default backup location is arcgisdatastore\relational(tilecache). Should I change the location?

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava

Hello @Jin-taeKim 

In order to confirm this can you let me know what is the version of ArcGIS Enterprise you are working with?

I encountered the similar problem today as I was running some tests with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1(some testing about a capability across versions) and noticed this error and found :

ArchitSrivastava_0-1693822985223.png

Usually, we miss out on the warning associated to this while taking a WebGISDr backup as it would continue to take backup.

I would recommend  Register a default backup location and take the backup again from WebGISDr.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos
Jin-taeKim
New Contributor III

@ArchitSrivastava 

My version is 10.8.1.

No problem with other Enterprise 10.8.1.
I hope it becomes clear what the problem is..

It's a shame that WebGISDR is not available.

Thank you

Have a good day

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava

Hello @Jin-taeKim ,

I encountered the same problem with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. To resolve this I took the following steps:

• Configure a new backup location for "Relational" and "Tile Cache" by following Register a default backup location as for "When you create a tile cache data store, no default backup location exists. You must register at least one backup location before you can create tile cache data store backup files.
  • Create a backup using WebGISDr again.
  • Try to restore using the new backup and it worked as expected.

The major consideration to note is that with this version of ArcGIS Enterprise the following is known to happen:

• Will not create a backup location for tile cache automatically.
  • Will consider it as a warning while exporting WebGISDr

Hopefully the same works for you. Could you give it a try and let me know.

-Archit

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos