Question about joining existing server Site

09-03-2020 10:52 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

I have an ArcGIS Enterprise implementation with  ArcGIS Server Advanced 10.7.1. I found out that we have an extra license for ArcGIS Server Standard 10.7.1. My question is, Can I install and authorize Server standard and join my existing site from my Enterprise implementation? 

Thanks,

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Hello Diego Llamas‌,

To co-exist within the same ArcGIS Server site, all member machines have to be licensed identically. This would mean that either all servers would need to have the Advanced license authorized prior to joining the same site.

Hope that helps!

Reference: About multiple-machine ArcGIS Server sites—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Thank you Christopher, and what about if I have 2 sites,? 2 different sites and federating this server with portal and letting as hosting server my advanced license.  What i want to do is, if i have a standard server license, how can i use it to expand my Enterprise, give more power to my 4 core existing Portal.

0 Kudos
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Sure thing, having a separate site with a different license is perfectly fine and would allow you to split your services between those sites. Your hosting server site may not see an increase in capacity, but the additional site would allow you to potentially move some of your heavily-used services to a dedicated machine.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn