Select to view content in your preferred language

Qlikview Integration

11-05-2013 07:57 PM
KimGicasvili1
New Contributor II
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully integrate interactive esri maps within a Qlikview document?

Interactive meaning the map data changes in sync with the Qlikview data and vice versa.

Thanks

Kim
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahJohan
New Contributor

Hello Kim Gicasvili yes we can Integrate Qlikview with Esri !

We had a need to integrate ESRI maps instead of Google maps in Qlikview. We found a Google map integration example, but nothing as far as ESRI is concerned. They both work slightly differently in terms of what we supply to get the correct map. I initially requested help from several sources; all of them came back empty. After a couple of months, I started decoding how the Google maps integration worked in detail and figured what was needed for ESRI. There were some complex calculations involved. I had to recollect some of my math skills and learn a bit more about what latitude and longitude actually is. In the end, the ESRI (ArcGIS) integration works within Qlikview perfectly. I also know some people in the QV community were looking for the same. I have created a simple doc that outlines the approach and all the variables needed (all the formulas) and expressions, chart configuration, step by step. Hope this saves some work for our friends in the community.

I hope This will helps you

Regards 

SarahJohn

0 Kudos