Portal for ArcGIS Security 2022 Update 2 Patch causing 404 and 500 errors

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 07:32 PM
Joshua-Young
Frequent Contributor

I just upgraded from ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 today and everything was going well until I installed the Portal for ArcGIS Security 2022 Update 2 Patch. After installing the patch, I am getting HTTP 500 errors through the web adaptor URL and HTTP 404 errors through the internal URL. I uninstalled the patch, and everything started working again. Reapplied the patch and the errors came back. I am not seeing anything useful in the web traffic or logs to determine the cause.

JoshuaYoung_0-1669865301648.png

JoshuaYoung_1-1669865312222.png

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
0 Kudos
13 Replies
ahagopian_coj
Regular Contributor

We are experiencing issues just installing the patch.  I started the install but it gets stuck on "Extracting files" then I canceled it and rolled it back but lost all access to portal.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Frequent Contributor

It stayed on "Extracting files" for a while when I installed either the first version of the patch or patch B, but it eventually finished. I would recommend contacting Esri Support.

0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Regular Contributor

How long did you have to wait?  I killed it after an hour.  Now nothing works and my portal is down. I have a ticket in to ESRI but the tech said she had a meeting and ended our zoom screen share. I have heard nothing since then.

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Frequent Contributor

The patch took less than 30 minutes to install on our server. Could you clarify a few things?

• By "kill" do you mean ended the installer's process or did you use the cancel button?
  • What did you roll back if the patch did not install?
  • When you try to access the portal what error message do you get?
0 Kudos