Overwrite web layer/table owned by another user in shared update group in ArcGIS Enterprise using ArcGIS Pro

01-19-2023 05:25 AM
JanHavlas
New Contributor II
Hi everybody, I set up a Shared update group in ArcGIS Enterprise and added another user with Creator user type and Administrator role to it. I made that user a Group Manager. The group has content (layers, web maps, web apps, etc.) shared with it. When this user attempts to Overwrite web layer/table (shared with this group) in ArcGIS Enterprise from ArcGIS Pro a "Failed to publish web layer" error is returned (screenshot and process log attached).

I tried to troubleshoot it but without success. User with Administrator role that is a member of the same Shared update group should be able to overwrite a web layer/table (shared with that group) owned by another user. I am trying to avoid the necessity of changing the ownership. When ownership of such layer is changed than this workflow obviously works.

Does anybody know why are we getting this error or how to set it up so that it works?

0 Kudos
0 Replies