Select to view content in your preferred language

Oracle 23 support

Jump to solution
08-29-2024 10:47 AM
GustavoMartineli12
New Contributor

We are approving Oracle 23 in our environment. I would like to know when this version will be supported in Enterprise and ArcGIS PRO. Can you give me an estimate?

If I use it without ESRI approval, will it not work?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Similar post: How long does it take Esri to support a new Oracle version?

The new released version of the Oracle Database is usually certified / supported on the next ArcGIS Release.

But sometimes it can take Esri a little longer to certify the new Oracle Database Version.

@GustavoMartineli12 wrote:

Even if you are able to use it, it won't be supported and can be unstable. So surely not worth the risk.

If you prefer, I recommend reaching out to Esri Tech Support for an official word on both.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Has Oracle 23c on-prem been released yet?

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Similar post: How long does it take Esri to support a new Oracle version?

The new released version of the Oracle Database is usually certified / supported on the next ArcGIS Release.

But sometimes it can take Esri a little longer to certify the new Oracle Database Version.

@GustavoMartineli12 wrote:

Even if you are able to use it, it won't be supported and can be unstable. So surely not worth the risk.

If you prefer, I recommend reaching out to Esri Tech Support for an official word on both.

kntr
by
Regular Contributor

I had a similar question earlier and Esri recommended me to follow and check for updates here:

FAQ: What Oracle Database Versions Are Supported by ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro? (esri.com)

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 that Oracle 23 will be supported soon.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.