Select to view content in your preferred language

No cache status in ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
07-28-2014 04:29 PM
MikeLouwrens
Occasional Contributor III

I have been trouble with caching a basemap on ArcGIS Server (see How to stop/remove stalled ArcGIS Server cache processes‌).  After suggestions to update my ArcGIS Server install (to 10.1 SP1, QIP, 10.2.2 etc.) I decided this morning to update to 10.2.2 which went through without a hitch.

I have been successfully caching my basemap this morning, however I can't produce a cache status using the "View Cache Status..." context menu item.  I have run the tool "Manage Map Server Cache Status" several times, which takes some time to run (13 minutes last time I ran it) however I still can't see a cache status.

I get this message:

nocachestatus.JPG

Any ideas on how I get get the cache status?  I would like to confirm that my cache is being fully generated now (after the issues I was having with 10.1)

Thanks,

Mike.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeLouwrens

well the cache process errored out (when I ran out of disk space!) and finally produced a cache status   No idea why one wouldn't produce before that, but it's there now.  Not a solution, but I have what I was after.  Now to arrange more storage.

Cheers,

Mike.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeLouwrens

well the cache process errored out (when I ran out of disk space!) and finally produced a cache status   No idea why one wouldn't produce before that, but it's there now.  Not a solution, but I have what I was after.  Now to arrange more storage.

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos
MichaelNesius
Occasional Contributor

Glad you fixed your issue. For those that may stumble across this thread: When my status.gdb has gotten corrupt, I've had luck deleting the Status.gdb for the service and then running the cache status tool (It''l generate a new one which should work/ be accurate).