Map services published from ArcPro losing layer connection over time

11-04-2021 12:00 PM
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Hello, we have been experiencing strange behavior from Enterprise 10.8.1 map services that were published from ArcPro (2.8.3). Seemingly randomly, the layer connection associated with the map service disappears and is not accessible from the rest endpoint. The map service rest endpoint has the layer heading, but no links to layers. If I stop and restart the service, the link reappears and the map services start to work normally again. Unfortunately, I don't know when this happens until someone complains that the service is not working. Also, there are a lot of them, so I cannot keep stopping and starting them to make them work.

My map services that I created from arcMap don't seem to have this problem. I'm not really interested in going back to arcMap, so I would appreciate a solution for arcPro. I'm opening blank arcPro projects, opening the layers I want in my map service, and then right clicking the layer -> sharing -> share as web layer. I'm not including a feature service, and leaving the data on the source Enterprise geoDB (SDE). This has worked for us for years, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Could the SQL server be dropping the connection to the Enterprise server? What would I look for in the log files?

Thanks. --Keith

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josh!

0 Kudos