Map service using SOE on Linux not starting

2804
1
Jump to solution
12-09-2014 12:32 PM
JustinGreco
Occasional Contributor

We are currently looking into moving to Linux for our ArcGIS Server environment.  The last piece I need to implement before we can do this is rewrite our C# SOEs in Java, which I have found fairly easy to do, but I have run into some issues when deploying it to my site.

I am able to export the .soe file, add the extension to my site in manager, but when I add it as a capability on one of my map services, the map service never starts.  I was able to deploy the same Java SOE on one of my Windows ArcGIS Servers and the map service starts fine and the SOE functions as it should.  I also have tried this using one of Esri's samples and I see the same behavior.  I have tried debugging it in Eclipse, but it never breaks since the map service never actually starts.  I have also set my logging to DEBUG, but do not see any messages as to why the service is not starting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinGreco
Occasional Contributor

This was  resolved by installing the following packages, we were missing the Xvfb.  Installing that resolved the issue.

    • X Window System package group
    • Xvfb
    • freetype
    • fontconfig
    • libXfont
    • mesa-libGL
    • mesa-libGLU

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinGreco
Occasional Contributor

This was  resolved by installing the following packages, we were missing the Xvfb.  Installing that resolved the issue.

    • X Window System package group
    • Xvfb
    • freetype
    • fontconfig
    • libXfont
    • mesa-libGL
    • mesa-libGLU

View solution in original post

0 Kudos