Issues with AGO Assistant login

Jump to solution
03-23-2023 07:50 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else having issues logging into their Portal site with AGO Assistant? It was worked in the past but yesterday and today I'm getting a 403 errors in the console when I attempt to log in either using the direct option or the PKI/IWA login options. FWIW, our Portal install is at version 10.91

Just trying to confirm that AGO is fine before I go dealing with our IT.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It does appear to be broken. You know there's a new version, though, right? The old AGO Assistant has been deprecated for a while. Per their GitHub repo:

This application has not been updated in many years and needs a full overhaul of the code to be relevant and encourage community contributions going forward. Esri has been working on a new version of some of the key functionality from Assistant in a new, React-based application that supports enhanced JSON editing, working with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, and multiple user sessions. We expect to have a beta released in Q2 2021.

https://assistant.esri-ps.com/signin

It's still in beta, evidently, and doesn't appear to be open-source, which is a shame. But the interface is a definite improvement over the old tool.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It does appear to be broken. You know there's a new version, though, right? The old AGO Assistant has been deprecated for a while. Per their GitHub repo:

This application has not been updated in many years and needs a full overhaul of the code to be relevant and encourage community contributions going forward. Esri has been working on a new version of some of the key functionality from Assistant in a new, React-based application that supports enhanced JSON editing, working with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, and multiple user sessions. We expect to have a beta released in Q2 2021.

https://assistant.esri-ps.com/signin

It's still in beta, evidently, and doesn't appear to be open-source, which is a shame. But the interface is a definite improvement over the old tool.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

THANK YOU.

I missed the news that it had been replaced. I just registered the site and was able to log in.

0 Kudos
VanessaPocock
New Contributor III

Thank you for this thread.

I just tried the new ago beta site, but editing the JSON and changing the data source item ID for one of the dashboard (as I had been doing with the old ago site) isn't working.

Have either of you tried editing in the new beta site, or noticed any other issues with it? Annoyingly I'm half way through changing ~24 multi-tab dashboards, and I really don't want to have to do it manually.